Mission Istanbul - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Vikas Saagar (Zayed Khan), almost a divorcee is in Istanbul for a dangerous reporting job. Only the TV channel hiring him seems to be more than just another channel.
Note: There were a couple of scenes that just made me curious. One was where it seems like Zayed Khan is looking at a Vivek Oberoi's locket (at the cemetery), but the angle is just not right from where he is standing in reference to Vivek Oberoi. So, why did they make him look in that angle? Absolutely similarly, there is this 'mountain dew' scene where it seems like Vivek Oberoi this time is looking at Shweta Bharadwaj's cleavage, but the angels don't match up. Why give that feel?
- Some of the actions scenes were enjoyable for hardcore gore lovers. I'm not one, but could stomach what was shown here. And, whether I like it or not, I've always admired the destructive creativity. I especially loved the villain's affinity to break LCD screens!!
What did not
- Why-o-why does a senior journalist like Suniel Shetty know how to shoot around and fight like a guerilla warrior?
- The look Shweta Bharadwaj (Liza Lobo) gives in the camera after the party song. That's so soap opera-ish.
- The whole 13th floor set was shoddy including the all-important lift!
- What a lame excuse for Vikas Saagar to be chosen for the job by Rizwan Khan (Vivek Oberoi)!?! That he has computer-phobia!
- The absolutely predictable cheesy gore used to get to the 13th floor! Shheeesh!! How come the surveillance cameras know who the viewer is looking at and follows the object all along?!
- The sudden infusion of attempted-comedy using Mountain Dew and George Bush. Seriously, what was all that about?! How did it fit into the story?
- I found the gunman in the helicopter trying to refill his machine gun extremely amusing. Just to clear the air, I was laughing at the writer who wrote the scene not with him.
- Did they just make the pen drive survive a swim in the sea?
- The entire 'try to hide because my photo's in the newspaper' sequence was such a sham! They were literally painting the town red!
- Did Vikas say "jacket" when he meant "cap" which by the way, he was going to wear to disguise himself!?
- The dumb villains who take forever to walk and stall so that they can be beaten up!
- Did Vikas Saagar call his soon to be ex-wife, who he was trying to woo, 'dumbo'? Men! I tell ya...