Johnny Gaddar - Notepad
It was refreshing to use my brain while watching a movie and finding out that the moviemakers have also done the same while making it. Not flawless, but completely entertaining, Johnny Gaddar is a must watch!
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Warning: this section has some details that could distort your experience while watching the movie. I strongly recommend reading this only after you have seen the movie or if you have decided not to see it.
Four members of smuggling gang have a big job at hand. They have planned well to execute it. How the execution takes place is what the movie is all about.
- The different styles of camerawork used to differentiate between different segments of the narrative. Yes, it is a regular technique to do that. But, how the styles flow into each other without being overt is where the finesse of the makers lies.
- The drone of a tone used by the police announcer on the wireless system is hilarious. He is giving news of accidents, etc in the most unemotional tone, signifying the triteness of it all.
- The titles of the movie. A wonderful tribute to the genre and style of the 70s - in more than one ways.
- Thank you, Mr. Cinematographer only your skill could make Pune airport look so pretty.
- The way Vikram’s character smartens up and gains confidence as the movie progresses.
- The way the intermission shows up on the screen - if a cinematic liberty has to be taken, this is how stylishly it should be done .
- The camerawork from the water tank’s point of view in a very important scene.
- The way the breaking of the glass is captured when a coffee table breaks.
What did not
- Dharmendra! Him, the lines given to him, the actions given to him - judging the authenticity of money by listening to the flicks of the currency bundle? Please!!
- Why would Vikram sit on the side of the train that is closer to the platform if he did not want to be discovered by the people on the platform?
- How does Prakash know they are ‘his’ counterfeit currency notes?