It's Breaking News - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Vidya (Koel Puri) is a news reporter who is given charge of the crime department in her TV Channels. She thus organizes sting operations. She wants to stick to her ideologies and also gets emotionally involved in one such operation.
- The sarcastic take on the news coverage that the entertainment industry gets.
- Using a woman as the defense lawyer for Gupta was a great move.
- The style in which Vidya's memories overlapped with the scene in which she is taking a shower. Excellent visuals
What did not
- What happened to the witness whose testimonial would change the course of the case? Granted the turn that the story takes does not need him/her. Was he/she mentioned just for effect, or to keep curiosity live? If so, that is a cheap tactic!
- The comedy in the celebration bash was so unnecessary, not to mention, not at all funny.
- Whatever happened to the DVs that Vidya picked up. It came across as they were the same DVs that her friend, Trishna was looking for.
- The build-up towards Bala showing Vidya what the first news on his channel was going to be - got irritating. Especially because it did not go with the tone of the rest of the movie.
- The minister's daughter who is being interviewed by Vidya, does not even move an inch in panic when the door to her room opens (this is when Rafique the cameraman enters)
- The suspense thriller style background music in the scene where Vidya is taking a shower.