Drona - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
The elixir of life is hidden on earth. And Drona (Abhishek Bachchan) is in charge of protecting it from the current demon Riz (Kay Kay Menon). Sonia (Priyanka Chopra ) is in charge of seeing Drona through his task.
- The fairty-tale, step-motherly outfits used for Drona's foster mother.
- Picturisation of the 'khushi' song. I liked the way Abhishek Bachchan doesn't lose the sad expression in the song when he is out of his fantasy world and in his real world.
- Riz's clone. Awesome makeup.
- The idea that the villain is so creepy that he can hurt his clone, he has created himself. Unfortunately it stays there and nothing comes of it.
- Background music with sounds of vulture/creepy bird squeals when the villain is on screen.
- The concept of a sandstorm putting fire out.
- The idea of Drona and Sonia starting towards knowing the secret, step by step when they enter 'Raazpur'
- Color scheme used to show the town and inhabitants of "Raazpur". Looked like an imaginary world.
- the idea of Sonia being hypnotized to do what she was made to do.
What did not
- Every time I see the Shah Rukh look alike in a movie (playing Drona's foster brother), I feel the makers are taking a dig at Shah Rukh Khan.
- The brick sliding scene to show a hole in the wall (taken from Harry Potter) is done very shabbily.
- The rotating graphically designed props, the electric waves, the test tubes in Riz's palace. They looked very shoddy.
- The weapon Sonia uses in her introductory sequence. What exactly was the purpose? And not that I'm complaining, why does it not show up in the rest of the movie?
- What was the entire garage set-up for? A song?
- Why did Sonia want to bail out?
- The cardboard sets of Raazpur. Why show them breaking down when it is going to be so obvious that they are sets.
- The revolving blue petals. They did their thing for 120 seconds too long. The ancestral spirit seemed to be in no hurry!