Dhol - Notepad
Typical Priyadarshan fare. A few good dialogues placed randomly across the script and delivered very badly. Story stars over-insensitive men (and you thought that was not possible!) objectifying women.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Already covered this one in the main review this time.
- The visuals of the first song, “haadsa”, were brilliantly executed.
- The Film and Television Institute of India, Pune was aptly camouflaged to portray a regular street. The street signs showing directions looked awfully artificial, though. Not to mention that the directions were off too.
- Lighting in the night scene at Sophie’s house looked very nice.
What did not
- What’s with a pool table in every house?
- Pray, owner of which company asks the MD to decide the MD’s pay package with the CEO?
- And which owner calls his MD as “MD” instead of calling him by his name?
- The costumes of the people from Zikomo’s gang. They didn’t look like goons at all. In fact they looked like geeks!
- Why did Zikomo not smell the gas when he entered the kitchen?
- There should be some sort-of a usability check done for the titles. They were blurry because of the font and colors used.
- Also, someone should proof-read the title cards. One read, “six month later”.
- When did Crossword start to rent out DVDs? Even if they did why would they give away the customer’s information to a random person.