Dhamaal - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Warning: this section has some details that could distort your experience while watching the movie. I strongly recommend reading this only after you have seen the movie or if you have decided not to see it.
Four good-for-nothings get together to earn some quick buck. Soon enough they are caught in a trap of their own making by a cop. As the situation would have it, the five of them now have a common goal. What they need to do to achieve this goal is what the rest of the movie is all about.
- The noose scene - couldn't stop laughing throughout - and five minutes after.
- Riteish Deshmukh's mimcry of Sanjeev Kumar - top notch!!
- The shots of the monkey while Riteish Deshmukh is trying to jump.
- The south Indian who gives a lift to Arshad Warsi and Javed Jaffrey - very amusing caricature.
- The sermon-like tone of the control room manager at the airport.
What did not
- Who exactly is Riteish Deshmukh talking to in the first sequence where he is standing with his hand on the top of a car. Intentional or unintentional - it looked awful.
- How come the foursome didn't bother with white clothes in the second funeral? Too convenient for them to be spotted as goons when goons were needed in the plot.
- What was the aluminum bucket doing at the spot where Prem Chopra falls after the accident? Waiting to be kicked? To what end?
- How does Asrani know that there were four people in his house to rob his car?
- Whatever happened to the crab that entered Javed Jaffrey's pants.
- The lack of creativity in the action sequences.
- The turn-around of all the characters in the last scene.
- Some of the scenes in the car at night were out of focus.
- That was one hell-of-a-stylish office for police officers to hang out in.
- Ashish Chowdhry is supposed to be in a hurry and the first thing he does is wear a T-shirt before racing in a car.
- In the jeep, where does Sanjay Dutt get a foam spray?
- The foursome were shown as having no money on them. Where does Riteish Deshmukh get Rs.500 to pay for his bus ticket?
- Is Sebastian garden on the beach? It felt like a huge continuity cut.