Desi Boyz - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Two friends Nik (Akshay Kumar) and Jerry (John Abraham) lose their jobs due to recession and decide on becoming male escorts. This in turn, has it effects on their relationships with their families. All in a supposedly fun-fun way.
- The opening credits. Some of the shots in the montage brought a smile. Others were just nice to watch.
- The songs were nice and peppy.
- John Abraham looks awesome in the silhouette shots of him shirt-less.
- The out-takes during the end credits - such a welcome relief from having to watch a forced song video.
What did not
- Radhika (Deepika Padukone) narrating details about the relationships, their history, chemistry, etc.
- Do the men people living in the UK kiss their girlfriend-just-turned-fiancé on their forehead as soon as she says yes to his proposal for marriage?
- Sanjay Dutt's entry.
- There's this scene where two friends are trying to make each other realize what they want to be. Such a lovely moment it could be. Totally shattered by awful acting.
- Nik transforms too easily.
- Akshay Kumar looks flabby in the silhouette shots of him shirt-less especially in comparison to John Abraham.
- The excuses forced in for speaking in Hindi in an English environment
- Akshay Kumar getting into jingoism mode a la Namastey London
- Flirting with the judge!
- Everyone looked sun-burnt. Make-up didn't cover it?
- The coke/beer can that John Abraham opens to make the lid into a ring - he throws the can, but no drink falls off.
- The doggie gets left behind on the staircase when Nik is trying to woo Radhika.