delhiiheights - Notepad
No amount of extra “i”s can save this one. Jimmy Sheirgill and Neha Dhupia look cool. So what if they gave an alright performance, they can’t pull it through with those lousy lines. Even day-to-day conversations at our homes would be more interesting.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Any apartment complex has a wide range of characters. delhiiheights picks a few characters residing at "Delhi Heights", the apartment complex, to tell us about them in a supposedly light hearted manner.
- The way color flies in the holi song. No matter how many times it is done, the bright, colored powders mixing against the light blue sky pleases the eye.
- The sound effect of an airplane flying overhead when Abheer and Suhana are arguing.
What did not
- The voiceovers in the beginning and in the end. What was point of that big description of Delhi when - one, the movie had nothing to do with Delhi specifically. And two, could be true of any Indian city or town.
The voiceover in the end was completely superfluous. And why were there subtitles in English?
- The monologues. The one that Suhana starts off the movie with, the lecture she gave Abheer, Abheer's apology, Timmy Singh's little wedding toast - were all too long and thus ineffective.
- Bobby-Saima were married for six years and Abheer-Suhana had a five year old relationship, but Suhana didn't even know about Saima, though Bobby-Abheer were good friends.
- The voiceover in the beginning did not know how to pronounce "Pizza".
- "Tanishq", the jewelry showroom was pretty generous in laying out all the bangle trays they had for Neha Dhupia. The last time I went there, the salesperson refused to show me the second tray till I was done seeing the first one.
- Don't drink wine from the bottle, please. Its an offense to the wine.
- Why did Bobby congratulate Abheer again after having done so at the latter's wedding party already? They were good friends, so that seemed even more awkward.
- Was there no air-conditioning where Suhana was making a presentation at a top-class advertising firm? Why was the guy wiping his face?
- Mind you the company mentioned above has the latest voice recognition software to change the slide when Suhana says "slide change" and thereafter reads her mind to change the slides.
- Both Suhana and Abheer are giving presentations with slides in the background while they are standing right in front of them. Not to mention that they are not making any reference to what's on the slides
- Some college kids are writing a love message on a greeting card - with a fluorescent green highlighter on a bright pink background!!! How will the poor receiver read it?
- Come on guys - housewives (Saima) *do not* sort out their laundry in the middle of the well-kept living room! Only I know how I have controlled myself from putting this one in the "what didn't work" section...
- Why is Suhana obsessed with making Abheer have "cold showers" all the time?
- Timmy Singh's daughter has her boyfriend drop her off at her home after a date. And then requests eve-teasing bystanders not to tell her father?!?
- Why were Lucky and Timmy Singh drinking and discussing their professions in a car?
- Okay, we all know our male actors wear make-up. But was it necessary for Jimmy Sheirgill's eye shadow to show so obviously
- This high-end apartment complex does not have an intercom system? The guy has to go to Suhana's house to fetch her.
- Okay, guys, when you want to go up, you press the up arrow to call the lift. Jabbing the down arrow just does not help. Also, why did the ground floor have a down arrow button in the first place? Oh right, it had a basement that is not shown in the movie. Accepted.
- Thank goodness hospitals that accept emergencies without the paper work still exist.
- The budget of the movie was 8 crores. Couldn't they find a kurta that fit better for the singer in blue at Timmy Singh's daughter's wedding?
- Neha Dhupia's facial make-up in some scenes made her look unnaturally fair, especially since her hands looked dark.
- Abheer says, "I will wait for you down below". Can an educated, highly successful advertising guy speak correct English, please?