Delhi 6 - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Roshan (Abhishek Bachchan) is visiting India for the first time. He is amused by its ways but it is endearing too. Soon enough he faces the frustrating, deep-seated hypocrisy.
- The Black monkey getting rid of the entire vaanar sena.
- In 'genda phool', the fact that the western beats are added to the mix when Roshan gets in groove.
- The background music when Roshan meets Bittu (Sonam Kapoor) in her room.
- A father sitting beside me was instructing his son to whistle at Abhishek's entry. How adorable is that!?
- Gobar who is ridiculed by everyone finds someone who he can ridicule and in a way takes revenge.
- Competition between brothers while singing a bhajan (devotional song)!
- Assigning religion to animals!
- Use of Roshan as a narrator and an inner voice of society.
What did not
- The absolutely gratuitous cameo by Amitabh Bachchan. Ai-ai-ai-ai-ai-aiyy....Why?
- What's with all this peeing around? Why is urinating used as a means to laughter?
- Abhishek rolled his Rs alright, but his Hindi didn't have any hint of him being in the country for the first time.
- The tributes to Sholay and Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. Didn't work at all.
- The volume kept fluctuating in the first 20 minutes of the theater I was in. :(
- Rishi Kapoor's lipstick! Annoying, it was.