De Taali - Notepad
A 2.5 hour long movie. With about an hour's worth of smiles, laughs and hard-core laughter filled in. All because of fresh dialogue and awesome comic timing. You have to be willing to tolerate the many out of place songs and the "sheeeeesh" climax though.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Paresh (Ritesh Deshmukh), Abhishek (Aftab Shivdasani) and Amrita (Ayesha Takia) are real good friends who have not a worry on their mind. The lovable, cozy equation is in danger of changing with changing circumstances.
- References to some movies and actors. Some of the situations are actually like giving visuals to the words of movie reviewers.
- I loved the way Paresh's and Amrita's relationship turns out.
- Underutilization of Anupam Kher and Saurabh Shukla. Better this than having them do antics that don't suit them.
- Rimi Sen's Janice-like laughter!
- Little things like Big B's fan is named Abhishek are not highlighted but are left to the audience to figure out. If they get it, good for them, if not - too bad seems to be the writer's idea.
- I liked the way Rimi Sen was being seductivein "behaiya si raatein" but at the same time was not, giving us a hing that she means serious business and is doing this to score a point.
- The torture scene is one of the most hilarious one I've seen in recent times.
- "Hafta hafta" is a cute song. I think it would have worked wonders if it was woven into the story.
- Use of soft lighting for the last couple of scenes
What did not
- The characters singing to the camera in the title song played during the opening credits. It felt as if there were four friends, not three - the fourth one was the camera!
- In the same song, why was there a few black and white shots!? Why such random usage?
- "mhaari teetri" was the most out of place song of them all. And how come Paresh is lusting for a woman suddenly, when he's been behaving like a good boy all along?
- Tch-tch-tch...the paper that is burnt by a match-stick is visibly dipped in some igniting liquid, as if Abhi knows its going to get burnt.
- That's one huge coffee!!!
- How come Rimi Sen's make-up never wears off!?