Cash - Notepad
Dir: Anubhav Sinha
This is a perfect 21st century hindi masala flick - action, drama, romance, comedy, animation, song, dance, dudes, chicks and NO STORY! There are a few, very amusing scenes and the music sounds good, but the whole thing is very shoddily put together.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Warning: this section has some details that could distort your experience while watching the movie. I strongly recommend reading this only after you have seen the movie or if you have decided not to see it.
A bunch of thieves want to rob a bunch of diamonds.
- Riteish Deshmukh's entry on a skate board. The action choreography is cool.
- A couple of jokes given to Riteish Deshmukh are really funny.
- The scene where Shayina's (Shamita Shetty's) car breaks down. It was a good blend of comedy, action and romance.
- Some action scenes were really cool - silly but cool! Like the "kabbadi" with cars sequence.
- The use of red and black in "Reham kare"
What did not
- Just because they had Riya (Ayesha Takia), they had to put her to some use. They made her the smiley audience to an irritating, poor poor-joke-cracking narrative.
- It's really sad when in an action movie - which has speed as a major form action - the only way to gauge the speed of the vehicle is through the expressions of the actors.
- Where exactly is Angad (Sunil Shetty) when he is shown for the first time? First he is shown on a bike, then a few seconds later on a boat.
- Did Pooja's (Esha Deol's) house have two entrances? If yes, then, it was very convenient that the two guys arrived at the same time but from two different entrances.
- Was Shayina (Shamita Shetty) supposed to be a smart security officer or not? How come she acted plain dumb at times, like when she doesn't see her name on the cake?
- What kind of a security system does the museum where the painting lies have? How could Lucky (Riteish Deshmukh) just pick the painting up, without any alarms going off?
- How did the police know that Danny (Zayed Khan) was going to be in the water? Lucky had already lost the cops on his way to Danny.
- Why did Danny set-off a blast in the water near the boat?
- The van that carried the money in Shayina's convoy was blasted on the top. How come it kept running without interruption and the only damage caused was the hole on the top?
- Why were Pooja, Lucky and Danny called in the night club by Doc (Ajay Devgan), where the song "Reham kare" was played?
- Why didn't the police arrive at Angad's (Sunil Shetty's) place?
- How and why does everybody reach Pooja's house?
- Where does everybody get all their cool vehicles from for the last fight sequence?
- When Lucky (Riteish Deshmukh) and Danny (Zayed Khan) are robbing the bank in France, what is the bank security service doing? How come they come in so late?
- The sound effect of a Volkswagon Beetle starting sounded like that of a bike.
- Was Karan (Ajay Devgan) staying in a building or a bungalow? The entrance alley looked like it was a building but the rest of the place looked like a bungalow.
- Why is it raining 10 dollar bills on Karan long after Pooja, Danny and Lucky are done throwing the money at him?