Billu - Notepad
The stargiri is truly a huge put-off. So bad that even though the dialogues have a consistent, fresh bounce and Billu starts of as an interesting character, it falls flat as the film progresses. Human emotions can keep you glued as long as there's some movement in them. Just Irrfan's brilliant facial muscle movement does not suffice. Simple, at-times sweet but predictable too.
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
Barber Billu's (Irrfan Khan's) long-lost friend Sahir (Shah Rukh Khan) is now a film star with a huge fan following. Sahir happens to be in Billu's village for a film shoot. The whole village is ecstatic that Billu knows Sahir, but is he?
- The opening credits were cute.
- The first sequence is one of the most hilarious and witty sequences in a long time. It sets up Billu's character pretty well too.
- Asrani's make-up and hair-do. Who's the barber, again?
- Loved the lyrics of the title song! Wish some words didn’t have to be beeped out.
- The shots in front of the road-side mirror shop. Very nicely done!
What did not
- Costumes in all the item numbers.
- The choreography in the 'hit-fit' song. It looked as if they were pumping that HIT mosquito repellant spray around while looking at me!
- The sabers in the dance!
- Does an actor really have a say in what will be the "soul" of the film? Or can he instruct a co-actor on how to say his lines when the director is calling the shots? Then again, it's SRK, so maybe he can and he does.
- How is money for a lawyer organized so easily when there wasn't money for a square meal earlier?
- How does anyone know that Billu knows Sahir?
- Shah Rukh's teeth! No make-up for teeth available?
- When did it rain during the climax for the streets to be all wet and muddy?