1920 - Notepad
Click on the tabs below for wogma review, external reviews, user reviews, and twitter verdict
This page has additional observations, other than the ones noted in the main review.
An architect, Arjun Singh Rathod (Rajneesh Duggal), is called upon to renovate a mansion into a hotel. He takes his wife, Lisa (Adah Sharma), along. This is all set in 1920. Turns out the mansion is haunted...
- Arjun's character defined while he's chanting the Hanuman Chalisa. How he lovingly feeds the women in the house, but his expression hardens when looking at the men. A little artificial but its clear that he doesn't get along with the men.
- Was the tram running infront of VT station superimposed digitally? If yes, it was done fairly well.
What did not
- The special effects used to imply that there's a soul hovering around.
- Why is Lisa waiting for him in bridal attire?!
- The songs! Awful music, intolerable singing!!
- The entire woman brining a lunch box for her husband at his workplace. Maybe it used to happen/actually happens, but the way it was picturized, its just too...sugary sweet...to digest.
- Why does Balwant not tell Lisa about the priest's visit?
- Why would a soldier who's trying to hide show himself when a messenger from an outsider is at the door?
- Was men wearing one earring in fashion in early 1900s. Men used to wear and still do wear both earrings in the interiors of Rajasthan, but just one?